Our Frugal Lifestyle

My photo
Passionate about eco-frugality. I used to party hard, clubbing my way from pay-packet to pay-packet. Never getting ahead, just getting by. Then came our much wanted baby with no savings in the bank - only an old car. Changes were made to our lifestyle and we didn't turn back. In the past 6yrs we purchased a flat, found employment, lived below our means, built an emergency fund, purchased a reliable car and saw the financial benefits of our frugal lifestyle. Our only debt is our mortgage. Our aim is to manage our cash flow wisely, pay off our home quickly and eventually work for pleasure, not necessity. Join us on our journey, share insights, tips and tricks to help us and others to get ahead while having a good time.

Monday, September 13, 2010

New Passion for Frugality

Since having our child nearly 4 years ago, I have made many small frugal changes due to inspiration from Bloggers, Frugal / Eco websites and Books.

I live a chaotic and messy life but am trying to get this under control. I believe if I have made great changes in my spending and savings habits, then changes in how I manage my clutter, mess, aspirations and future can also be done.

To me being frugal means not spending all my earnings, but instead being careful and putting aside for emergencies, our future and our daughters future too. It also means living a more simple / greener life, being debt free (we do have a mortgage), taking advantage of community activities, purchasing 2nd hand most of the time, budgeting, menu planning and shopping carefully. We try to recycle, re-use, reduce or do without. We live below our means by choice and we do it happily as we have bigger goals to aim for.

I love being frugal and thinking of new ways to do things. So I will share what I do and I hope readers will share their knowledge and skills too. By no means am I saying that I am always on track or perfect. I'm far far far from it, sometimes I fall off the wagon and spend on new junk, toys, food, clothing and other unnecessary items that give me happiness for a very short time. But most of the time I try to stick by my personal ethics of being frugalistic and eco too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - I love getting feedback, sharing experiences and learning from you.