Our Frugal Lifestyle

My photo
Passionate about eco-frugality. I used to party hard, clubbing my way from pay-packet to pay-packet. Never getting ahead, just getting by. Then came our much wanted baby with no savings in the bank - only an old car. Changes were made to our lifestyle and we didn't turn back. In the past 6yrs we purchased a flat, found employment, lived below our means, built an emergency fund, purchased a reliable car and saw the financial benefits of our frugal lifestyle. Our only debt is our mortgage. Our aim is to manage our cash flow wisely, pay off our home quickly and eventually work for pleasure, not necessity. Join us on our journey, share insights, tips and tricks to help us and others to get ahead while having a good time.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

We Are Home

We have arrived home and I am so glad to be back. My family has been sick for over 10 days now and we just want to recoup in the tropics.

We have had a very severe case of gastro from Paris and are suffering from colds. We spent 25 hours in Singapore mainly sleeping and some eating. We stayed in the inexpensive Little India district.

Today The Rambling Expat and myself are off to work as jet lagged as we are - Dolly and I have been up since 3 am and I can see a long long day ahead of me.

I look forward to sharing photos of my trip with you.
And my frugal and non frugal holiday (I ate a lot of cheese!!!)

1 comment:

  1. Aw, welcome back I've missed you! Sorry things have been difficult, hope you're all better soon and work is not too tough for you both. Looking forward to the photos and hearing all about your adventures!
    Take care:)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - I love getting feedback, sharing experiences and learning from you.