I went through a suitcase of her outgrown clothing and created 6 piles.
- 1 lot to give away to a 2 year old girl we know.
- 1 lot to give away to a new 4 weeks old baby. girl
- 1 lot to sell at my market stall (This money will go to Dolly's college fund).
- 1 small lot of very damaged cotton clothing for the rag basket.
- 3 items for the rubbish bin. Elastic stretched out and unrepairable.
- 1 pile for the op shop; too good to throw out but not to my taste to hand-me-down or sell.
|For Baby (full red skirt, stripy playsuit, 2 dresses and over nappy pants).|
|For 2 yr old (6 dresses, shoes, 5 leggings and other stuff)|
It's very satisfying to have sorted the full suitcase and to give away some of it to friends and earn some $$$ with the others to invest into Dolly's future. Also de-cluttering is so energising. Our homes are our sanctuaries from the world and yet so many of us make it unbearable with piles of "stuff" on every clean surface.
Have your been sorting and purging anything lately? Aim to get any money back on any of it? Please share - I love your comments.
Oh and here's Dolly's school morning tea for today: 2 Vegemite star sandwiches, 1 star cheddar cheese, sultanas and half a pear.