Todays Birthday Girl gift package was a mixture of purchased and home made. Dolly started her home made gift project on Tuesday night and I completed it at 1 am this morning (Sunday). At one stage even The Rambling Expat was in on the action cutting a couple of fabric pieces for us. The gift took many hours but was well worth the time and effort as I think it turned our super cute.
|Using a Great Sewing Book, Preloved Clothing and a Few Vintage Scraps.|
|Dolly Commences Her First Of YoYo Sewing.|
|Gaining Control As She Tells Me To Let Her Try Alone.|
|Selecting Buttons From Our Button Jar We Were Gifted.|
|Sewing In the Vintage Button Selection (We still have this YoYo for another project).|
|2 Nights Latter, 2nd YoYo Near Completion.|
|Finished Product - Necklace Ribbon From An Old Top.|
|Gift Pack - Sketch Book, Metallic Pencils, Bag of Clips/Rubbers/Elastic Bands.|
My small eco steps were:
- the Happy Birthday is from an old card I cut up,
- Light Pink Ribbon for the Happy Birthday Card and Knick Knack Bag is from the inside of a top (to hang on a clothes hanger),
- Fabric and Ribbon on necklace are all from second hand items which we have worn and outgrown or damaged and now repurposed.
- Buttons were from an op shop jar which we were gifted as a Thank you by backpackers staying with us. The op shop staff cut off buttons from clothing which is too damaged to sell on their racks, but sell as rags to tradies who don't need the buttons.
- Plastic knick knack bag is from packaging on another item which I saved and reused.
- And lastly the ribbon holding it all together is also from a preloved top.
What do you do for Gift Giving for children? Buy, Make or Cash?