Our Frugal Lifestyle

My photo
Passionate about eco-frugality. I used to party hard, clubbing my way from pay-packet to pay-packet. Never getting ahead, just getting by. Then came our much wanted baby with no savings in the bank - only an old car. Changes were made to our lifestyle and we didn't turn back. In the past 6yrs we purchased a flat, found employment, lived below our means, built an emergency fund, purchased a reliable car and saw the financial benefits of our frugal lifestyle. Our only debt is our mortgage. Our aim is to manage our cash flow wisely, pay off our home quickly and eventually work for pleasure, not necessity. Join us on our journey, share insights, tips and tricks to help us and others to get ahead while having a good time.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Home Sick Odd Jobs

Hello wonderful people. A reminder to my Aussie readers to don't forget to enter my Giveaway - a $200 Coles/Myer voucher! I know what I would spend it on... groceries. And then place $200 from my usual grocery budget into my mortgage.

I stayed home sick today. I should have seen it coming. The sore ears, unbalanced and all the sleeping I've been doing. My nose is like a running tap and my ears are so blocked I feel like I'm under water.

I spent the day feeling hot and sorry for myself. Drinking lots of water and taking a couple of Panadol to ease the aches. Luckily the fridge was full of cooked food so no cooking had to be done - just heating up.

While I had a small burst of semi energy I cleaned and painted 2 small vintage wooden frames that I had sitting around for over a year. I had purchased them them for about $1 each, maybe $2, but no more then that. I placed inside them pages of a damaged 1966 children's book I purchased for 50 cents at the op shop last week. I think they look lovely and will make pretty presents for Birthdays and new babies. At $2.05 a pop these revamped old frames are looking fresh and sweet with a vintage touch. Plus I have many more pictures left to use. Each prettier then the next. Swoon.

Pretty as a Picture.

One other job that caught my eye today was the stack of medicines we had. So I decluttered the fridge door compartment where they all live. 6 items had expired in 2010 and 2011. So out they went. However the compartment still looks just as full! How does that happen?

I hope you are well and keep frugally fantastic.

4 comments:

  1. Love the idea of vintage book pages as art- Thanks so much for sharing and visiting My Dear Trash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you start to feel a lot better soon. Your pictures do look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore these pictures. Well done. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - I love getting feedback, sharing experiences and learning from you.