However I am buying a few gifts for Dolly's Christmas present. I'm not into Christmas but I really don't want her to feel she's missing out when all her friends are being treated to lovely gifts. She is soooo excited about Santa, so I need to make an extra effort. I will organise Santa to leave 1 "new" toy such as Rapunzel or something similar which I know she will adore.
This is what I have found for her which will be part of the gift from me. A spend of $8.25.
$$$ Break Down of Stash:
- Charlie and Lola book $2.00
- Katie Meets the Impressionists Book .25c
- Plastic snap together toys to create creatures. $2.00
- Ceramic bath tub for her doll house (This was a candle which I removed) $2.00
- 2 handmade ceramic plates from Thailand to add to her tea set $2.00
I'm trying to keep it eco frugal by buying local second hand wherever possible. It's hard at this time of year. There is a lot of psychological tactics employed by shops and it's hard to not get sucked in. What about you? Are all or some of your Christmas items secondhand too? Do you find it hard at this time of year to being frugal or even eco, due to the mayhem of parties every couple of days?