Our Frugal Lifestyle

My photo
Passionate about eco-frugality. I used to party hard, clubbing my way from pay-packet to pay-packet. Never getting ahead, just getting by. Then came our much wanted baby with no savings in the bank - only an old car. Changes were made to our lifestyle and we didn't turn back. In the past 6yrs we purchased a flat, found employment, lived below our means, built an emergency fund, purchased a reliable car and saw the financial benefits of our frugal lifestyle. Our only debt is our mortgage. Our aim is to manage our cash flow wisely, pay off our home quickly and eventually work for pleasure, not necessity. Join us on our journey, share insights, tips and tricks to help us and others to get ahead while having a good time.

Friday, December 9, 2011

Chaos and Wasting Money

I am at home off work all week sick. I thought I may get a couple of home jobs done but this virus has really knocked me about. The Rambling Expat is also feeling under the weather and getting himself to work and back without much energy for much more. That means our home is total chaos. It's always chaos but this time more then usual.

Last night I dragged myself to my daughters end of year preschool concert, get-together feast and disco. I had to muster all my energy to be able to go and watch her sing and have a good time.

I was unable to prepare any food for the event so purchased 4 pizzas with a discount voucher. I thought I would only have to pay $24 for the 4 pizzas but the bill came to $40+. When I said it was too expensive they brought the price down to $36. I left the store too tired to question why and frustrated at the big hole in my wallet.

Next week is our daughters last week of preschool so I wanted these last weeks to be extra special. She is growing so fast. It feels like it was only yesterday I gave birth to her. My little mermaid who swam the parameter of the birthing pool when she came out. The Rambling Expat said it was like she was aglow in the water with the darkened surroundings. Our own magical being :-) I need to get better to be able to make all her days happy and special. Luckily my mum has been keeping her until 7:00pm each night this week to help us out. The Rambling Expat picks her up, fed, washed and ready for bedtime stories and sleep.

Don't forget to enter my great GIVEAWAY it's open to everyone in any country.

2 comments:

  1. Believe me, you are not ruining her life, the end of her preschool days. Quit worrying about that. The school is probably cheering because you did not prepare food in your state. Being ill is no fun. Sorry about it. She will soon have fun with you again. She will not suffer from your lack of energy. It is horrendous to feel so crummy and really want to and have time to clean house. I know the feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're feeling so yucky, but I enjoyed this post. It's such a sweet trip to the special relationship you have with your precious little girl. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - I love getting feedback, sharing experiences and learning from you.