Our Frugal Lifestyle

My photo
Passionate about eco-frugality. I used to party hard, clubbing my way from pay-packet to pay-packet. Never getting ahead, just getting by. Then came our much wanted baby with no savings in the bank - only an old car. Changes were made to our lifestyle and we didn't turn back. In the past 6yrs we purchased a flat, found employment, lived below our means, built an emergency fund, purchased a reliable car and saw the financial benefits of our frugal lifestyle. Our only debt is our mortgage. Our aim is to manage our cash flow wisely, pay off our home quickly and eventually work for pleasure, not necessity. Join us on our journey, share insights, tips and tricks to help us and others to get ahead while having a good time.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

School Reunion Class of 87.

My School Reunion was the absolute best! Friends I hadn't seen since 1985 - 1987 were in a room with me! 76 people turned up for the party six of us organised. They came from all over Australia and across the seas too. I partied hard and laughed out loud with people I loved and trusted as a teen and still loved and trusted as an adult. I hadn't partied hard like that since 2006. It was extremely liberating.

The weekend was magic. We all fell into each others arms hugging like we were teens again. No one really talked about the now. Conversations revolved around "remember when". It was so much fun and now even though I feel energised I also feel a deep sense of Melancholy.

The reunion was a huge success because we used Facebook to track down our old classmates and those not on Facebook were tracked down by those who new a family member or still had some form of contact. Many of those who didn't or couldn't make it regret it but kept up on the weekend as I kept uploading photos as I took them. We have set the date for another reunion in 5 years which is exciting as I think we could expect a much larger crowd.

I have since been busy catching up with my old classmates online and face to face, hence my absence from posting. I am trying to get back into my daily routine but have found it difficult as I have a sense of going in a new direction. For now I will take each day as it comes and post if I can.

The last 2 weeks has been a mix of eco-frugality and money spending. But I am happy with all my purchases and am getting back into my garden, volunteering and a busy inexpensive social life.

Goodnight from me, a very happy Stephanie at Frugal Down Under.

Be eco-frugal but continue to have fun and laugh out loud.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds great, had everyone changed. Slim ones now fat, geeks now hot ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sound like fun. I have my 50th year reunion in two years!It's great you had such a good visit with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds a lot of fun! Well done for organising such a large event, a lot of work I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a lovely time. Money well spent on a wonderful occasion.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  5. not heard from you in a while,you all doing ok?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds awesome! I would like to go to a school reunion one day. I only left secondary school in 2005, but so much has happened since then!

    P.S. I just tagged you in one of those answer-some-questions-about-yourself games on my blog. Silly but fun use of time! :) http://the-frugal-graduate.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/getting-to-know-you-and-me.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - I love getting feedback, sharing experiences and learning from you.