Our Frugal Lifestyle

My photo
Passionate about eco-frugality. I used to party hard, clubbing my way from pay-packet to pay-packet. Never getting ahead, just getting by. Then came our much wanted baby with no savings in the bank - only an old car. Changes were made to our lifestyle and we didn't turn back. In the past 6yrs we purchased a flat, found employment, lived below our means, built an emergency fund, purchased a reliable car and saw the financial benefits of our frugal lifestyle. Our only debt is our mortgage. Our aim is to manage our cash flow wisely, pay off our home quickly and eventually work for pleasure, not necessity. Join us on our journey, share insights, tips and tricks to help us and others to get ahead while having a good time.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Mango's, Eggs and Curry

Hello Dear Readers,

Wow!! We've had a very lucky week of lots of local food goodies given to us!

My mum went visited a friend in a rural area called Humpty Doo. A larger mango tree on his property had fallen, so there were plenty of mangoes to be picked before all the native animals and fruit flies got to them. My mum picked a large amount and gave us 3 times the amount you see in the photograph. I LOVE Mangos so this was a great gift.

She was also given eggs by another rural living friend, which she shared with us too.

Then to top it all off our neighbour gave us local curry leaves which have since dried and been used in various dishes.

I love gifts of foods from people's gardens. It's local, it's eco and it allows me to use my grocery budget on other extras.

Gifts: Mangoes, Eggs and Curry.

We have been very lucky indeed. We have eaten mangoes everyday and I will cut and freeze some before they go bad for future days. Yum! Yum!

Have you been given food lately or shared extra food that you have?

Cheers to good food,

Stephanie @ Frugal Down Under.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - I love getting feedback, sharing experiences and learning from you.