Our Frugal Lifestyle

My photo
Passionate about eco-frugality. I used to party hard, clubbing my way from pay-packet to pay-packet. Never getting ahead, just getting by. Then came our much wanted baby with no savings in the bank - only an old car. Changes were made to our lifestyle and we didn't turn back. In the past 6yrs we purchased a flat, found employment, lived below our means, built an emergency fund, purchased a reliable car and saw the financial benefits of our frugal lifestyle. Our only debt is our mortgage. Our aim is to manage our cash flow wisely, pay off our home quickly and eventually work for pleasure, not necessity. Join us on our journey, share insights, tips and tricks to help us and others to get ahead while having a good time.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

"Animal, Vegetable, Miracle"

Can't wait to read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. Going to get my hands on it next weekend.

Already have a few books to read from the library and my own from op shops. Plus all the loveley blogs to read too.

I have my Happy Yess Market stall today... So lots to do. I will blog my Giveaway when I have:

  • Completed my laundry.
  • Charged my camera.
  • watered my 2 plots.
  • Had my stall (2pm to 6pm).
  • Finished my menu planning.
  • Completed my weekly shop. 

Sundays can get so crazy busy. I live a Hurried Life. Mondays is always back to work. However I'm eating out tomorrow night because I will turn 41!  How did that happen? This year has zoomed... And I still feel 16 most of the time. And, I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.



Are you leading a Hurried Life to?

4 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

    Have wonderful time out and enjoy Animal, Vegetable, Mineral.

    ...and maybe include a restaurant review for your birthday post!!!! With pics, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fairy from Organised CastleJuly 3, 2011 at 3:21 AM

    I know what you mean about a hurried life. I keep telling myself that all I am doing now will mean that I have everything organised and then things will look after themselves much more. I have yet to see whether that line of thinking works.

    I am off to do some ironing so that there are clothes to wear for the working week.

    Have a wonderful birthday tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey wow, Ms Frugal - happy birthday! I hope you have a great one.

    Yes, I live a Hurried Life, and it just seems to get busier and busier. But lately I've been lucky enough that my work has involved some travel and days walking in the great outdoors and it always makes me rethink what I'm doing and aim to slow down and take care of myself more. It makes me realise life is actually pretty good.

    Thanks for the Barbara Kingsolver video - I'm a huge fan.

    Cheers,
    Ms Dig.

    http://msdig.blogspot.com

    (My comment sign in still isn't working.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that you had a great birthday! Loved that book!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - I love getting feedback, sharing experiences and learning from you.