Our Frugal Lifestyle

My photo
Passionate about eco-frugality. I used to party hard, clubbing my way from pay-packet to pay-packet. Never getting ahead, just getting by. Then came our much wanted baby with no savings in the bank - only an old car. Changes were made to our lifestyle and we didn't turn back. In the past 6yrs we purchased a flat, found employment, lived below our means, built an emergency fund, purchased a reliable car and saw the financial benefits of our frugal lifestyle. Our only debt is our mortgage. Our aim is to manage our cash flow wisely, pay off our home quickly and eventually work for pleasure, not necessity. Join us on our journey, share insights, tips and tricks to help us and others to get ahead while having a good time.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

School Outing

Tonight, Grandma, The Rambling Expat, myself and our Dolly headed to her school for 2 hours of fun and feasting. The teachers and teacher assistants organised a evening of active games for kids and parents alike. Fun was to be had.

Each family was asked to bring a plate to share and everything was spread on 2 large tables. (Delicious, there were many talented cooks.) Being time poor, as the event started at 5:30pm and I didn't get home from work until 5:30pm, I made these in a jiffy - they only took me 20 minutes.

Shaped Up - Ham and Cheese Sandwiches.
I had purchased the freshest bread I could find in the supermarket just a few minutes earlier. I filled them with sliced cheese and champagne ham. One side was white bread the other wholemeal bread. I cut a few triangles but mainly stars and hearts for the littlies enjoyment. The ham was expensive as I wanted good quality - this plate of sandwiches came to roughly $12. Just a little over my aim of $10 but super quick to make and my plate came home empty, which is always a relief.

The best bit of the Evening. Dolly and I entered a Piggy Back Obstacle Course Race. I being the loud show off I am, yelled out a few times, as I ran "We are the Crazy Cowgirls". Dolly laughed in loud giddy excitement all the way. That makes my heart very Happy. I wasn't a dainty pretty sight (all that weight piled on in my office job and non stop grazing) but I'm soooooo happy I've got the guts to let loose and be silly with my favourite girl.

We Are The Crazy Cow Girls.
Do you still have the guts to do silly stuff too? Sometimes I forget to just let go and have childish fun :-(

2 comments:

  1. Children feel special and proud when their parents participate in fun at school. My mother could do nothing because of her back. Any wrong move would leave her unable to walk for weeks. So, I made a special effort to be active with them at all times. My mother could not help it, but she never knew how sad it made me. However, she was special in other ways, just not anything physical.

    Those sandwiches looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy just letting loose. I need to do it more though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - I love getting feedback, sharing experiences and learning from you.