Our Frugal Lifestyle

My photo
Passionate about eco-frugality. I used to party hard, clubbing my way from pay-packet to pay-packet. Never getting ahead, just getting by. Then came our much wanted baby with no savings in the bank - only an old car. Changes were made to our lifestyle and we didn't turn back. In the past 6yrs we purchased a flat, found employment, lived below our means, built an emergency fund, purchased a reliable car and saw the financial benefits of our frugal lifestyle. Our only debt is our mortgage. Our aim is to manage our cash flow wisely, pay off our home quickly and eventually work for pleasure, not necessity. Join us on our journey, share insights, tips and tricks to help us and others to get ahead while having a good time.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Saturday Fun

Saturday I had my neighbours over to for a sniffy party to try a new Air Wick - Aqua Mist product that I was sent to test and review. I decided to splash out a little with our 10am nibbles as I've never had my neighbours over "officially" before. I offered lovely cheese Blue Castello and Goats), prosciutto, biscuits, wasabi peas and chips. I pulled out a bottle of bubbly (someone gave me in exchange for spinach and guppies that I had offered on Freecycle), a bottle of orange juice and lemonade. 4 neighbours couldn't make it due to; Bali, Flu, Early Shift and Yoga. But I went ahead with the other cool cats from my block and The Rambling Expat.

Delights on Offer

Some of The Gang

Dolly and I blindfolded everyone with some of my old scarves and Dolly sprayed the air. Dolly has sooooo excited to see them all blindfolded - nose in the air sniffing and commenting wrongly about the smells, it was hysterical. I was the only one who could see her jumping up and down in crazy excitement bursting to tell them what the scents were! But she's amazingly strong will-powered at keeping secrets. It was a very pleasant way to spend a couple of hours and I was able to treat each of them to their favourite scent to take home which was a bonus. It was a fun morning for me :-)   I would do it again.

Blindfolded, Sniffing and Trying to Determine the Scents.

After our sniffy party Dolly and I headed to Children's Week Activities for some FREE fun. Here is what she did:
  • A Hip Hop Dance Lesson
  • Rock Climbing
  • Rock Crafting
  • Got a sausage
  • Got an apple
I kept saying "Don't go higher!!!" My very own adventure girl.

There was so much more to do but we were short on time. Other great activities on offer were; pottery, jumping castle, face painting and balloon art. I also talked to an organisation about foster caring as it's something I have always wanted to do since I was a teen. I'm too busy at this point in my life but it's good to arm myself with knowledge now.

Free Crafting


How was Saturday for you? Any friends over? Tried a new "product"? Created some crafty treasures?

2 comments:

  1. Your testing made me LOL!

    Your daughter is great! Determination and will power galore!

    Loved the activities. Did they cost much, they would in the UK!

    Saturday was great for us. Whilst walking through lovely countryside we worked out how we could afford to take a 'frugal' New Year holiday in the beautiful county of Corwall. Yeah, wonderful beaches and coastline here we come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The spraying of stuff stopped up my sinuses...half way round the world. Air scents can cause lasting lung problems...copd, asthma and such. The rock climbing was scary looking! But, fun for a child.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - I love getting feedback, sharing experiences and learning from you.