I set up my pretties with:
- A tablecloth from Grandma - Fabric from 1960's/70's, Grandma's stash.
- Vintage Doily - from op shop.
- Dolly's Tea Set - pieces from op shop yet again.
- 1940's Biscuit Tin - from op shop of course.
- 3 Babushka's - 1 op shop, 1 gifted from 1970's, 1 new in 2009.
- 1 Wise Old Owl - op shop; are you surprised?
- 1 Vintage Mirror - op shop, yes it's my source of all the good stuff.
Of course there was food on offer:
- Fortune cookies - with secret scandalous message's.
- Lemongrass and Basil Herbal Tea - fresh from the garden.
- Chocolate Biscuits - to practice our maths.
- Sweets - for desire.
- Jugs of water and juice - to quench our thirst.
- Giant Cup Cake - decadently made of recycled stuff.
|Ready for Ken, Snow White, My Little Pony and the Virtual Vintage Tea Party Crowd.|
What a lovely time Dolly's dolls will have tonight at the virtual tea party hosted my Mum while Dolly sleeps. Tomorrow morning Dolly will see the scene and her heart will beat with the excitement that something extrodinary happened while her little eyes fluttered with dreamy dreams. Those toys do have life in them in the midnight hour and tea party's are their favourite pastime. Ken, Snow White and My Little Pony will all be gathered around frozen scared to be discovered as she walks in as the sun rises. Psssst Mum don't spill the beans. Catherine do you think your toys would like to chatter with my toys?
And here is Tif and I at our other Cake and Tea party. However someone else grabbed the pretty red and white polka dot table :-( I was too greedy to wait like a polite gentle damsel. So we too took the nearest table and bit down into the delicious home made cakes and slices. We sipped our refreshing nettle tea to relax the nerves and licked our lips. Here Mum please help yourself to a rich lemon slice. Anne would you like a cool ice tea to relax your nerves too?
|Modern Vintage Tea Party - Banana leaves, hundred year old tradition - As vintage as it gets.|
|Don't be shy, help yourself.|
SFT I'm worried the beans may make me ummmm, smelly :-), but here take a little fortune cookie and see what your saucy travel future holds or maybe a frugal fortune cookie from Christine. Claire come this way, let me pick a bit of paint out of your hair. Here, put your feet up and have this lovely cup of tea.
Mmm what a pleasant way to spend our time. Thank you for the invite :-)