Our Frugal Lifestyle

My photo
Passionate about eco-frugality. I used to party hard, clubbing my way from pay-packet to pay-packet. Never getting ahead, just getting by. Then came our much wanted baby with no savings in the bank - only an old car. Changes were made to our lifestyle and we didn't turn back. In the past 6yrs we purchased a flat, found employment, lived below our means, built an emergency fund, purchased a reliable car and saw the financial benefits of our frugal lifestyle. Our only debt is our mortgage. Our aim is to manage our cash flow wisely, pay off our home quickly and eventually work for pleasure, not necessity. Join us on our journey, share insights, tips and tricks to help us and others to get ahead while having a good time.

Friday, February 17, 2012

Thrift Finds This Week

This week I went op shopping twice and spent a total of $7.50.

This is what I purchased:

  • Trousers for work as my favourite pair is worn out and no longer suitable $1.00
  • A fun pair of green trousers for weekend play $1.00
  • A pair of gold metalic trousers (poor photo) for crafting or Dolly's birthday party (maybe for decorations) $1.00
  • A pretty hair clip/brooch $1.00
  • A silver tray for Dolly's birthday party food .50 cents.
  • Free broken jewellery was given by the shop assistant as she knows we like to craft.


Amazing Stash for $4.50


A sweet white skirt for? I don't know - I just loved it too much!!! The lace, quality and sewing is beautiful $1.00
A pretty floral top for the fabric and buttons $1.00
A cute shirt for my market stall $1.00

Pretty, Pretty and Pretty for $3.00


Now I have to go and find the same or bigger amount of stuff to leave our home. I have some clothes that need to be ragged or tossed. They can not be on my clothes hangers anymore as they are beyond acceptable at work.

Did you obtain any thrifted, second hand or gifted goodies lately?

8 comments:

  1. I love the floral fabrics and the frothy white lace on the skirt ! I visited a charity shop (twice) yesterday and came away with some fabulous vintage linen, 2 glass cake stands(one was a present from my Mum), a teapot holder, a butter dish and a wonderful framed sepia photograph of a windmill. Hubby's ancestor was a miller and owned a windmill in the 1800s so it was a precious find which cost very little. I went in the morning with hubby, and then took my Mum in the afternoon as they also had a secondhand book shop. Mum bought 16 books for the price she would have paid for 3 in the shops, so she was delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo lovely stuff! good finds - love froogs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot think of anything, but those are good finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oo, I like the shirt! :) That tray will be fab for the party too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great blog, I came across it today for the first time :) do you have a stall at the Mindal markets, we have been to NT twice and absolutely loved it, we loved all the markets...
    I also love recycling,reducing,reusing & rethinking..My blog is Simpleliving...If you get some free time please come visit me at http://simpleliving-sherrie.blogspot.com.au/
    Sherrie from Simpleliving :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. Don't worry, I'm not completely stingy. I guess what I meant was that I don't want to fritter money away on things that don't matter. I'd rather save so I can go on holiday, go to the theatre, go camping, etc. without getting into debt again. I do go for a meal with The Boyfriend every now and again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love your finds! So great for spring and so classy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good finds, like that you are given broken bits of jewellery!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - I love getting feedback, sharing experiences and learning from you.