Our car was sitting in the driveway gathering dust and taking our valuable shady car spot for a year and a half. Each time I arrived home it was the 1st thing I saw and it dragged me down increasing my feeling blue. The motor was fine. The only damage was the smashed back. A great project for a mechanic student, teen or even mechanic wanting to tinker on the weekend.
- I tried advertising it at an inexpensive price on 2 popular sites in my city (no interest).
- I tried calling the car part yards (only after specific models).
- I tried to offer it to mechanic classes in a high school and uni (liability issues).
- A friend offered it to the Fire Dept for practice - (I would have to get it to them costing me $$$).
- I tried to give it away on Freecycle, 2 people were interested (but no takers).
We didn't make extra cash but we didn't have to hand any of our money to have it removed by a towing company which was to be my next move.
As I arrive home from work each afternoon - I smile because I see a shady empty space for the car we use each day. So my advice to you is wait it out if you can. Try your different avenues and take a few minutes to look at those wanted ads in you free newspapers. Someone may just be after the very something you have been trying to get rid of.
I see a week of success coming up. I am positive and making changes in my life :-) I have been busy and taking a little time away from here to recharge and prioritise. But I'm back from my little Blog Holiday and hope to catch up with all of you this week on your blogs and through comments.
Have a Happy Day :-)
Stephanie at Frugal Down Under