Our Frugal Lifestyle

My photo
Passionate about eco-frugality. I used to party hard, clubbing my way from pay-packet to pay-packet. Never getting ahead, just getting by. Then came our much wanted baby with no savings in the bank - only an old car. Changes were made to our lifestyle and we didn't turn back. In the past 6yrs we purchased a flat, found employment, lived below our means, built an emergency fund, purchased a reliable car and saw the financial benefits of our frugal lifestyle. Our only debt is our mortgage. Our aim is to manage our cash flow wisely, pay off our home quickly and eventually work for pleasure, not necessity. Join us on our journey, share insights, tips and tricks to help us and others to get ahead while having a good time.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

10 Days Off - Day 4 Monday 25/4

Another day of holiday. My list of things to do is long and I can't seem to get them done as I procrastinate and dream and do everything else that is not on the list.

Today I went to Boss Lady's Office for an hour or so, for one last clean up ready for her bond collection. A bit of wall scrubbing, a bit of eucalyptus oil to take off any stickiness from tape and a vacuum. The place was looking sparkling in no time.
My basic cleaning tools. The vacuum cleaner was Freebie from a bin.
Then Dolly and I picked up her best friend "R" for 2 hours play at a local playground. Kids nowadays seem to miss out on just having simple imaginative and active fun at the playground. So many of us fear them on their own and we are so caught up in the business of our lives that the playground seems to be the last thing on the To Do list. I try really hard to make sure that Dolly has playground time every week. Plus it's FREE, how good is that!

Dolly's friend "R" has a frugalistic classy mum, who prepared a lovely picnic for the girls to take: Cheese, bread, olives, cherry tomatoes and salami. I had a big bunch of green grapes to add to the picnic.

I forgot my camera at home so no pics. I also forgot my wallet at home - so the day was spend free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - I love getting feedback, sharing experiences and learning from you.